Our beyond-the-boundaries 2012 season once again attests that art brut has no borders, be they geographic, temporal, cultural or formal.
Pushing back the limits of what is known and familiar, it switches focus entirely, relegating works too subservient to trends or market expectations to the edges where others had want it confined.
Art brut now holds a place in the history of art. Its essentiality and vitality – in short, its strength – incite us to take a fresh look at what constitutes categories.
Art brut has now officially gained entrance to institutions; it is acclaimed by the elite and the public. Neither fact can obliterate the specific nature of this art that beckons us to shift to a dimension from which we never return unaffected.
The artists exhibited in the 2012 season are: beverly baker (usa), raimondo camilo (brazil), sebastian ferreira (paraguay), dwight mackintoch (usa), davood koochaki, (iran), zdenek kosek (czech republic), lubos plny (czech republic), yuichi saito (japan), and pascal tassini (belgium).
In parallel, our cabinet of curiosities will show the “classics” of art brut as well as some gems: henry darger, eugène gabrischevsky, raphaël lone, louis soutter, and adolf wölfli.
- Christian Berst, la passion à l'état brut authors Colin Cyvoct in L'Oeil, September 2012.
- El arte de la marginalidad authors Beatriz Montero Ward in Vivienda decoracion, September 2012.
- Rentrée hors les normes authors Philippe Dagen in Le Monde, September 9-10 2012.
- Devine qui vient exposer ce soir authors Philippe Ducat in Oh cet echo, September 2012.
- Rentrée hors les normes 2012 authors Bénédicte Philippe in Télérama sortir, September 19 2012.